BEST Health Benefits Team
Ed Pittaway, Plan Manager
Lori Phillips, Operations & Finance
Stephanie Zilli, Operations
Crystal Hanson, Operations
Finding a good health plan for your district is an overwhelming and expensive task.
Consider BEST a Solution!
BEST (Boards of Education Self-Funded Trust) is a non-profit trust established in 2004 and sponsored by CASB to provide a stable, long-term medical plan designed to meet the business objectives and challenges of Colorado’s school districts. BEST also offers an Integrated Health Strategy with strong wellness initiatives and resources designed to work together to promote health and ultimately limit the spiraling costs of health care.
The BEST advantages provide your district:
- Increased Financial Control
- Exemption from State-Mandated Benefits
- Flexibility in Plan Design (Dental, Vision and Life Options)
- Control of Reserve
- Reduced State Premium Taxes
- Cooperative Purchasing
- Rate Stabilization by Pooling Large Claims
- Nurse Navigators & Health Coaches through our Integrated Health Strategy
- Competitive Direct Contracting with Leading Edge Health Care Providers & Facilities
- Access to Actionable Reporting and Analytical Resources