McGuffey AwardThe CASB McGuffey Award honors unique board members who bring committed and passionate service to their board work. Every district has the opportunity to submit one board member each year. Honorees will be recognized at CASB’s Fall Regional Meetings and featured on our website, through social media and in the 74th Annual Convention program. It takes just a small amount of your time for a worthy recognition.
Submission deadline is Monday, Sept. 15. Click here to recognize your 2014 McGuffey honoree. Your board president should facilitate the submission from your district. One submission per district please.
Do you have a special board member who ...
- is or was an active board member for the past year
- has served above and beyond the call of duty
- has demonstrated such service that you want to recognize him/her in a special way
It could be that member who has ...
- served your community for many years
- accomplished a major milestone
- demonstrated significant community service
- demonstrated a focus for all children in the district, including a focus on student achievement
- worked well with fellow board members
- pursued self-improvement and growth in boardmanship
- worked tirelessly as an advocate for the district and its students
First published in 1836, the McGuffey Readers were a series of seven books with stories and poems that taught kids reading and grammar, and helped them develop good qualities. It was one of the most widely used and influential textbooks of its time in transferring knowledge and the virtues required to fulfill the responsibilities of citizenship in a free society.
Click here to submit your unique leader
for CASB's 2014 McGuffey Award.
2013 McGuffey Awardees
Don Dillehay, Brush RE 2(J)
Patrick "Bryant" McCall, Otis R-3
Jeffrey Tharp, Holyoke Re-1J
Royal "Woody" Woods, Akron R-1
Donald Gabehart, Kiowa C-2
June Guy, Hi-Plains R-23
Craig Hamacher, Big Sandy 100J
Amy Martel, Stratton R-4
Gary Collins, Swink #33
Ricke Feemster, Kim R-88
Sharon Olson, Thompson R2-J
Bob Colwell, Littleton Public Schools
Mary Nichols, Littleton Public Schools
Jim O'Brien, Cherry Creek Schools
Gene Turnbull, Englewood Schools
Jeffery Ferguson, Lewis-Palmer #38
Stephanie Garcia, Pueblo City Schools
Doug Lundberg, Academy 20
Tim Thomson, West Grand 1-JT
Robin Ziperman, Buena Vista R-31
Sage Godfrey, Moffat Consolidated #2
Ronda Lobato, Centennial R-1
Mary Neamon, Monte Vista School District
Karla Van Treese, Sargent RE-33J
Leslie Kiesler, Mesa County Valley 51
Kay Orton, Plateau Valley 50
Robert Jefferson, Ignacio 11-JT
Chris Kloster, Mancos Re-6